I can’t believe it’s already the end of 2005. Holy crap!! Where did the year go?? Seriously, it seems like it completely flew by and I expect time will fly by faster and faster the older I get. How does it work that way?!
Anyway, I hadn’t given much thought to New Year’s resolutions until stumbling upon the Milk Sucks site earlier today. It was then that I felt motivated to come up with a small list of resolutions.
Without further ado, here are my resolutions for 2006:
* Become more aware about the food and drinks I ingest and feed to my family. – to include researching vegetarianism and veganism (good site here) and learning about the impact of current farming and food production in this country on the animals and environment so that I can make informed dietary decisions
* Research voluntary simplicity
* Take a photography course and LEARN, LEARN, LEARN
* Continue portfolio building and practicing for my photography business
* Be mindful that all of my words and actions have consequences
* Focus on healing and acceptance (with regard to being an adult child of an alcoholic) – to include reading some of Claudia Black‘s books on the subject
Now that I’ve typed them out, I don’t know if they are resolutions so much as they are goals. That’s cool with me though. I needed to set some goals for myself. :)
As for our plans for New Year’s Eve, we’re going to some friends’ house for a potluck and games with them and another couple. Since we all have little ones, we won’t be out ’til midnight, but it should be a good time. :)
Happy New Year everybody! Hope you all have a safe and fun day and night! :)