I was reading about green new year’s resolutions over on Nature Moms Blog and started thinking about what I accomplished this past year to live a greener lifestyle and how I can improve on that in 2008. Here’s what I came up with.
In 2007, I…:
– Started using my compost bin, significantly reducing the amount of food waste that goes into the garbage
– Grew a few vegetables in a “pot” garden in my yard
– Bought some food at the farmer’s market
– Started regularly using reusable grocery bags
– Replaced the majority of our light bulbs with CFLs (compact fluorescent light bulbs)
– Began using cloth napkins
– Switched to a natural (Charlie’s) laundry soap
– Subscribed to GreenDimes (thanks to a gift from my mom)
– Freecycled, donated and sold unwanted items
Green goals for 2008:
– Continue with the things listed above and…
– Grow a bigger garden
– Possibly join a CSA to eat more locally and shop at the farmer’s market
– Buy some cloth diapers that can stand up to Julian’s nighttime pees and stop using disposables (7th Generation) at night (We cloth diaper during the day.)
– Learn how to can foods
– Learn how to make my own yogurt
– Read “Animal, Vegetable, Miracle”
That’s all that’s coming to me at the moment, but I’m sure I will think of more later and may add to the list as I it comes to me.
I have other personal goals for the new year as well, but will save those for another post, another time.
What about you? What are your green goals for 2008?Stumble it!