Welcome to Februaryâ€™s Carnival of Breastfeeding sponsored by The Motherwear Breastfeeding Blog. This month our theme is breastfeeding humor, or “What’s so funny about breastfeeding?”
Here are a few breastfeeding funnies – a joke, picture and video – I gathered up from around the ‘net. Enjoy! :)
First, the joke:
A woman and a baby come into the doctor’s office.
She was told to go into a room and wait for the doctor.
After arriving there, the doctor examined the baby and asked the woman, “Is he breast fed or on the bottle?”
“Breast fed” she replied.
“Well, strip down to your waist,” the doctor ordered.
He pressed, kneaded and pinched both breasts for a while in a detailed examination.
Motioning to her to get dressed said, “No wonder this baby is hungry. You don’t have any milk.”
“Naturally,” she said, “I’m his aunt. But I’m glad I came.”
Next, the picture:
Finally, the video: (Note: this video includes a bit of non-sexual nudity, it’s about breastfeeding after all, but it may not be considered “work safe.”)
I don’t know what the woman says in this (anyone?), but you’ll get the gist of it regardless of the language spoken. ;)
Other participants in this monthâ€™s carnival:
Please take a moment to check out some of their funnies.
– Tanya at The Motherwear Breastfeeding Blog reviews two new breastfeeding humor books.
– Stacie at The Twinkies shares the breastfeeding conversation she fears.
– Andi at Mama Knows Breast shares a dads’ nursing in public video.
– Sinead at Breastfeeding Mums shares a pumping multi-tasking disaster.
– Carol at Happy Sad Mama shares why she loves to nurse her toddler.
– Angela at Breastfeeding 1-2-3 shares some crazy search terms that led readers to her site.