Today marks the sixth anniversary (blogiversary) of my blog! Six years of writing about a myriad of topics — some controversial, some very personal, some heartbreaking, some educational, and some just plain fun.
Looking for an outlet to share my passions and ups and downs of parenthood, I started blogging when my daughter Ava was eight months old and have been writing — albeit sometimes more regularly than others — ever since.
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you who’ve been a part of my blog over the years — whether you are a reader, a commenter, an advertiser, a sharer, a collaborator, or perhaps a little of each — I have been blessed to make connections with so many of you. Staying at home with my then babies and now kids can be a somewhat isolating experience, but thanks to blogging and other forms of social media, I have a community — a tribe — of which I feel fortunate to belong. We laugh together. We cry together. We share stories, empathize, debate, raise awareness and educate together. You know who you are and I love you all.
For old time’s sake, I thought I’d highlight just a few of the posts that have either meant a lot to me or have received a lot of feedback over the past six years. Here they are, in no particular order.
- Breastfeeding until age 3, 4 or 5: More common than you think? – originally posted Jan. 2, 2009
- My Road to Recovery from Generalized Anxiety Disorder – originally posted June 11, 2009
- The Circumcision Post – originally posted Nov. 6, 2006
- The Updated Nestle Product Boycott List – originally posted Oct. 7, 2009
- Nursing a Toddler while Pregnant – originally posted Oct. 30, 2006
- Why Bother? (about living a green lifestyle) – originally posted April 28, 2008
- Toys, Tots and Toxic Paint Don’t Mix – originally posted Aug. 15, 2007
- Grieving the loss of my sister Carrie – originally posted Nov. 8, 2010
- One Year Later: Julian’s Footling Breech Home Birth Story – originally posted Nov. 28, 2007
- Best Granola Recipe Ever – originally posted Sept. 7, 2008
Thank you again for welcoming Crunchy Domestic Goddess into your lives. *hugs*
Don’t miss a single CDG post, subscribe to my blog.